“Pinpoint has provided us the vehicle to create fast,
customizable management reports that were previously
unavailable within our organization.”
- Tom Denbow, CFO, Holzer Clinic
We recognize that for any advanced software implementation there needs to be a provision to progress step by step, i.e. crawl, walk and run. This is exactly what we have implemented in Pinpoint software. It provides a novice user an interface that is appropriate to that person’s systems knowledge base while also allowing an advanced user to interact very differently.
Based on years of experience in implementing Pinpoint, IIS has developed a Quick Implementation methodology that allows faster execution and deployment of Pinpoint than other similar technologies. A well-documented implementation planning process is used to coordinate all implementation activities, requiring only very minimal IT time and normally just 60-90 days to complete. However our service allows clients to begin realizing tangible benefits of Pinpoint in only a few days. Here is an example of a recent implementation timeline.
Any addition of a new system requires integration in order to work smoothly with existing systems. IIS is truly passionate about integration technologies and specializes in IDX, SMS, McKesson, Siemens and MEDENT. We are a team of highly experienced integration specialists who facilitate integration of their enterprise applications with Pinpoint. We make sure that we deliver quickly without compromising quality. IIS also helps organizations gain expertise in operating Pinpoint through rigorous staff and administrator training at the customer site.At IIS, we believe in the idea that for information to be useful to an organization it must be available in both quantity and quality. We ensure high quality of correctness and completeness with the creators (host systems) of the data. This is achieved by preventing accidental or deliberate destruction of data in the Pinpoint data warehouse. We perform comprehensive data validation during extraction, transformation, and loading operations to help our clients comply with Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Our daily extraction capability helps us provide truly up-to-date information to clients enabling them to stay on top of any deviations and remedy them immediately as they occur.
Implementation Process Steps
- Initial Setup:
- Pre-Installation Planning.
- Generating Common Data Definitions.
- Data Mapping & Transformation Rules.
- Creating a Sample Download File.
- Verification of Download File.
- Populating the Data Warehouse.
- Automating Data Management Procedure.
- Creating a Starter Set of Reports.
- Final Data Validation & Testing.
- Physical Site Preparation: The actual hardware installation is very simple. The OLAP server is connected to your OLTP server through an Ethernet cable to create TCP/IP connection. Once this is done it uses your existing hardware for all other purposes.
- Hardware/Software Installation: Hardware needs depend on existing systems/availability. Each user will have thin client software loaded on their workstation.
- File/Table Building: This is done through exporting these tables from your host system similar to extracting transactions data.
- System Tailoring: This is achieved through meetings and reviews of the system needs.
- Interface Definition/Development/Testing/Production: All reporting needs are identified during the implementation phase and incorporated prior to going live.
- System Operations Training: Before go-live the Super User(s)/Admin(s) are imparted System Operations Training with which they are able to manage and administer the Pinpoint System.
- Unit Testing: The system is implemented module by module and every module is thoroughly proofed though rigorous unit testing and use cases.
- System Acceptance Testing: A comprehensive regression testing is done to meet the functional and technical requirements identified during the implementation.
- Post-Implementation Review: A continuous feedback from the customer during the implementation is maintained and a gap analysis is performed on the “want-to-haves” and submitted to the customer.