Training & Support
Training is so simple that the system can be mastered in a few hours.
We provide on-site training as part of the implementation process. On average a user needs only 1-2 hours of training to be up and running with the basics, a bit more to be able to quickly generate their own reports, however, a lot of what you will need will already be programmed for you. If, at any time, after training you have a question, you can either check your Pinpoint Users’ Manual, Pinpoint Manager Manual, Pinpoint Technical Reference Guild, email or call our 800# for a prompt answer.
The Training Agenda:
- Introduction: What is Pinpoint, Why Pinpoint and How it Works.
- Background: Data Assimilation, Date Warehouse, Data Aggregation, OLAP Concepts, OLAP Queries, Pinpoint Architecture.
- Concepts: Category & Category Value, Dimension & Measure, Data Types, Querying, Filtering, Drilldown.
- Components: Executive Dashboard, Pinpoint Personal Reports, Analytical Wizards, Reporting Tools, Utility Tools.
- Analytical Wizards: Snapshot, Evaluation, Grid, Charges, Payments, Practice, Ranking, Quartile, Trend, Statistics, Cross, Baseline, Collection.
- Utility Tools: Saving Reports, History, Favorites, Rerun & Modified Rerun, Previous & Next Month, View Last REQ, Sort & Star, No Cents, Changing Layout, Exporting Pinpoint Reports, New Configurations, Data Dictionary, Personal Reports Setup, Drilldown, Drill Up, Stack, Batch, Changing Password, Multiple ACTIONCUBES*.
- Reporting Tools: QBE Drilldown, ACTIONCUBE*.
- Filters: Direct Filters (Simple & List), Reference Filters (Group, Event Tracking & Post Analysis).
- Help & Support: Pinpoint Client Help, PERROT system (Pinpoint Error Reporting, Resolution and On-line Tracking).
*We use the word “ACTIONCUBE” to illustrate that you can dynamically create cube-like views of specific actionable data; but rest assured that Pinpoint is not a limiting cube based technology.
The Training Modules:
|PinPoint Level 1 for Data Analysts*||4 days|
|PinPoint Level 2 for Data Analysts||3 days|
|PinPoint Level 1 for Executives and Managers||1.5 days|
|PinPoint Level 2 for Executives and Managers||1.5 days|
|PinPoint System Administration (Super User Training) *||1 day|
|PinPoint System Development||5 days|
*Normal training includes four days of “Level 1” training and one day of System Administration or “Super User” training.
Includes reliable response to technical disruptions and for maintenance of system health and integrity. With this offering, you benefit from insights into our solutions and expertise to mitigate risk, while tapping the innovations that we continually introduce. In addition to Standard Support, customers can choose any of the following custom support options:
- Pinpoint Technical Consultant Support—provides a full time technical analyst support that can help you develop and customize your system.
- Pinpoint BA Support—provides a full time business analyst support.
Software Maintenance Support Options
Standard Support coverage is included. Additional support services can be furnished upon request.
|Support Option||Coverage Description|
|Standard Support||Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern time, excluding public local holidays. Support during non-covered hours is available at additional charge|
|Extended Support Option I||Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Eastern time, excluding public local holidays. Support during non-covered hours is available at additional charge.|
|Extended Support Option II||Coverage related to Standard Support option plus Saturday, Sunday and holiday coverage from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern time. Support during non-covered hours is available at additional charge.|
|Extended Support Option III||Coverage 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.|